Cilantro Lime Chicken & Marinara Chicken & Veg - Meals for the MONTH in 1 hour!
"IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU ARE PLANNING TO FAIL!"
The same goes for planning & prepping meals! That's why I’m a HUGE fan of QUCK MEALS & the less time I spend in the kitchen, the better!
Check out this meal prep that I did in less than 1 hour!
I used 2 recipes to make 8 meals - 2 of which I'll eat this week (& will also have leftovers for lunches) & the other 6 I'll freeze for the next few weeks! These are great to freeze, defrost the night before & then throw into the crockpot in the morning on low for 6-8 hours & VOILA... Dinner is served!!! QUICK & EASY!!! (If you don't have a crockpot, you can cook it in the oven for approximately 1 hour).
So rather than spend 20-30 minutes in the kitchen to cook 1 meal... Take an extra 30 minutes to prep 8 meals - Save time, energy, prep & cleanup!!!
BEFORE YOU START:
***Make sure you've planned your meals for the week, made a grocery list & gone shopping!***
1. Have plenty of containers and bags
2. Schedule 2-3 hours to prep everything (I like Sundays best)
3. Blast music, grab the fam & make this a weekly family event!
4. Wash all fruit & veggies in vinegar (makes them last longer) & cut everything up for quick & easy access
5. Prep & cook in bulk
1. Have all recipes & ingredients ready
2. Place meat into bags or containers (enough for 1 meal for your family)
3. Add veggies, sauces, etc
4. Write any missing ingredients or special instructions on the bag
5. Cook, refrigerate or freeze
6. Make 2-3 batches of the same thing & freeze for the following week or eat later in the week
*You can also take 5-6 hours 1 day a month to create lots of great Freezer Meals!
Set yourself up for success!
This way there’s NO EXCUSES for eating quick, processed crap!
I'm all prepped & ready to go! (Cutting everything up took about 30 minutes!)
The finished product... I made 1 in the crockpot to eat tonight & 3 to freeze for later:
The finished product... I made 4 in bags to freeze for later, although I left 1 in the fridge to eat this week!
Personally, I prefer to put everything in ziplock baggies because it stores much easier. You can also use containers for storage if you have more room!
Make sure to COMMENT BELOW & SHARE if you enjoyed it & let me know what else you'd like to see!!!
I'm also launching my Meal Prep Like a Pro Course very soon! So if you'd like to learn how to "healthify" your pantry, create a meal plan, grocery shop for success & prep meals for the week... You can get the course HERE!
Want MORE RECIPES... & a Meal Plan to get you started right!? Get your FREE 3-Day Kickstart eBook: